Moss: Volume Five is out now.
Featuring new fiction, essays, and poetry from Omar El Akkad, Jess Walter, Beth Piatote, Juan Carlos Reyes, Jean Ferruzola, Jill Talbot, Ben Goldfarb, Janice Lee, Matt Rebholz, Aaron Gilbreath, Ramon Isao, Christina Montilla, Ellen Weckler, Sasha LaPointe, Bill Carty, Daniela Naomi Molnar, Malcolm Friend, Alex Gallo-Brown, Jessica Mehta, Laura Read, Paul Hlava Ceballos, Taneum Bambrick, Zachary Schomburg, Emily Pittinos, and J.A. Dela Cruz-Smith, and interviews with Ruth Joffre, Leah Sottile, Kristen Millares Young, and Ashley Toliver, Moss: Volume Five is now available online and at fine independent bookstores near you.
Moss is a literary journal of writing from the Pacific Northwest. Published annually, Moss is dedicated to exploring the intersection of place and creative expression, while exposing the region’s outstanding writers to a broad audience of readers, critics, and publishers. Since its debut issue in the summer of 2014, Moss has received praise for its sharp design, strong editorial hand, and its commitment to supporting new and emerging writers.
Moss is available in independent bookstores across the Pacific Northwest and beyond, including:
• Elliott Bay Book Company (Seattle)
• Queen Anne Book Company (Seattle)
• Kinokuniya Bookstore (Seattle)
• Left Bank Books (Seattle)
• Phinney Books (Seattle)
• Paper Boat Booksellers (Seattle)
• University Book Store (Seattle)
• Third Place Books (Ravenna)
• Third Place Books (Seward Park)
• Third Place Books (Lake Forest Park)
• Island Books (Mercer Island)
• Village Books (Bellingham)
• Edmonds Bookshop (Edmonds)
• Port Book and News (Port Angeles)
• Food Co-op (Port Townsend)
• Auntie’s Bookstore (Spokane)
• Powell’s City of Books (Portland)
• Powell’s Books on Hawthorne (Portland)
• Annie Bloom’s (Portland)
• Broadway Books (Portland)
• Powell’s Cedar Hills (Beaverton)
• Blue Scorcher Bakery Cafe (Astoria)
• Skylight Books (Los Angeles)
• Newsbeat-Davis (Davis, California)
• McNally Jackson Books (New York City)
• Topos Bookstore (Queens)
• Literati Bookstore (Ann Arbor)
You can also find Moss at your local public library in Seattle (King County), Portland (Multnomah County), Snohomish (Sno-Isle Libraries), Spokane, and Newport, OR.
For occasional updates on Moss, including news on events, special projects, including news on events, special projects, and upcoming issues, please subscribe to the email list below. You can also stay connected with Moss via Twitter and Instagram.
For general inquiries, please email mosslit [at] gmail.com.